Nominations are now open for the 2020 Arkansas Arts Council Arkansas Living Treasure Award. Artists skilled in a traditional craft are eligible for nomination. The Arkansas Arts Council defines traditional craft as that which employs manual dexterity, as well as an understanding of traditional materials, design, and techniques. Materials may include glass, leather, metals, pottery, textiles, or wood.
*Postmark Deadline: Friday, November 8, 2019*
- A nominee must be a current resident of Arkansas who has lived in the state for at least one year at the time of nomination.
- Nominees should be deserving of statewide recognition for artistic excellence in their craft.
- Nominees may have exhibited their work at a local and/or national level.
- Nominees may have taught, lectured, or written about their craft as their contribution in maintaining and advancing the art form.
- Nominees have participated in the community and demonstrated a dedication to the craft by promoting, preserving, and teaching. They have shared their knowledge of the tradition to continue the craft’s practice, exhibition, and advancement.
For more information on the Arkansas Living Treasure program, contact Robin McClea. Nominations may be made via the online form available below or by downloading and submitting this form 2020ALTA (594 KB) .
An independent panel of professionals in the field of craft will make the selection.